The dot Hub Tool has been designed as a software tool for your dot Board and is used to download new firmware, as well as upload logs for support.
The tool is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers, and can be downloaded from the following links:
- Download the Windows dot Tool and save it to a readily accessible folder.
- Open dot_tools.exe
- Follow the instructions on screen to extract the software into a folder of your choice
- Download both the Macintosh USB Drivers and the Macintosh dot Tool
- Open the Macintosh USB Drivers and follow the on screen instructions to install, these drivers are needed for the dot.BOARD to talk to the computer.
- Open the Macintosh dot Tool and follow the onscreen prompts to install.
- A program in your "Applications" folder will now appear titled "dot_tool".
*Please note the Macintosh version may require you to click "Allow apps from unknown sources" in order to install. On most Mac's, this is done by a pop-up when trying to install, otherwise go to the “Apple” icon in the top left corner, then “System Preferences”. Once this loads up, please click “Security” and then “Allow apps from unknown sources”. You will need to enter your password for the computer to install.
*Please note: Mac OS Big Sur is not yet supported.